Beard is considered by many as a sign of manhood, and here is 20 interesting things you might not know:
- If you ever stop to shave the beard forever it will grow up to an average length of 2.3 meters.
- 55% of men in at least one point in their lives grow the beard.
- Peter Alexeyevich Romanov, also known as Peter the Great, during the reign introduced a fine of 100 rubles for all who wear a beard.
- Philosophers from ancient times have always worn a beard as a mark of their profession.
- The higher-ranking men in Egypt are dying their beards, usually in a golden color.
- Before they beheaded Sir Thomas More in 1535, he shaved his famous beard because he felt that his beard did not commit any crime and did not deserve such a punishment!
- Considering that the beard is dangerous in close combat, Alexander the Great ordered his soldiers that they had to shave their beards.
- Beard gives you 63% greater chance that you will win the game “who will blink later”.
- Shamsher Singh of India is a man with the longest beard in the world – 1.83 meters.
- Abraham Lincoln grew a beard after he was advised that by a 11 yr old girl, Grace Bedell.
- Fear of beards is called Pogonophobia.
- Otto I the Great would always swore by his beard when he spoke something serious.
- One of the biggest myths associated with the beard to grow faster as often shave …
- Or grow faster if you do not have sex – it is scientifically proven!
- Research has shown that on average women men with beards are sexier than those without beards.
- Beard help to purify the air of toxins and pollution.
- Man on average spend over 3,350 hours of his life shaving his beard.
- Beard growing on average 14 cm per year, and on the face of a man is 30,000 hairs on average.
- Scientists have come to the conclusion that in prehistoric times the beard is used for heating purposes, protection and intimidation.
- Beard grows faster during the summer months.
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)